Details for Benchmark: HV9301
N 38° 43.417 W 077° 48.312 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In FAUQUIER county, VA View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- triangulation station disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1992 by VA2570 (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY CITY OF WARRENTON VIRGINIA 1992
THE STATION IS LOCATED APPROX. 1.0 MILE WEST OF THE CENTER OF THE CITY OF WARRENTON, VIRGINIA, IN A GRASSY AREA BETWEEN THE ROAD AND SIDEWALK IN FRONT OF THE CHEVRON GAS STATION. TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE INTERSECTION OF STATE ROUTES 211 AND BUSINESS 15 IN SOUTHWEST WARRENTON, PROCEED NORTH ON BUSINESS 15 FOR APPROX. 0.4 MILE TO THE STATION ON THE LEFT, WEST, AT THE ENTRANCE TO THE CHEVRON GAS STATION. DRIVE INTO THE FRONT PARKING AREA OF THE GAS STATION TO A POINT BETWEEN THE ROAD, THE SIDEWALK, AND PARKING AREA. THE MARK IS LOCATED AT THE CENTERLINE OF THE GRASSY AREA BETWEEN THE ROAD AND THE SIDEWALK. THE MARK IS EIGHT (8) FEET WEST OF THE WEST EDGE OF ROUTE 15, FIFTY FIVE (55) NORTH OF THE SOUTH EDGE OF THE GRASSY ISLAND, AND FORTY SEVEN POINT FIVE (47.5) FEET SOUTH OF THE NORTH EDGE OF THE GRASSY ISLAND, SIX (6) FEET EAST OF THE EAST EDGE OF THE SIDEWALK. THE MARK IS A STANDARD BRASS CAP SET IN THE CENTER OF A ROUND CONCRETE MASS FLUSH WITH THE SURFACE AND STAMPED TW02 1992 TOWN OF WARRENTON GPS.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in November 1994.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.