Details for Benchmark: HV9705
N 38° 02.381 W 076° 19.338 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is LEVELING and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In ST MARYS county, MD View Original Datasheet
- SMC OO1
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1992 by MCCRON (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY J R MCCRONE JR INCORPORATED 1992
STATION IS LOCATED AT POINT LOOKOUT IN THE MIDDLE OF A LOOP ROAD NEAR A WHITE BRICK BUILDING. TO REACH TAKE ROUTE 5 SOUTH TO END OF ROAD AT POINT LOOKOUT LIGHT HOUSE. STATION MARK IS SET IN THE TOP OF 0.83 FT (0.25 M) DIAMETER CONCRETE MONUMENT SET FLUSH WITH THE GROUND. IT IS LOCATED 60.65 FT (18.49 M) FROM THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF THE WHITE BRICK BUILDING, 64.60 FT (19.69 M) FROM THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF THE WHITE BRICK BUILDING.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in May 1998.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling. The vertical network tie was performed by a horz. field party for horz. obs reductions. Reset procedures were used to establish the elevation.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.