Details for Benchmark: HW3655
N 38° 28.786 W 078° 00.250 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In CULPEPER county, VA View Original Datasheet
- TOWN OF CULPEPER 5
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1990 by VA0690 (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY CITY OF CULPEPER VIRGINIA 1990
THE STATION IS LOCATED IN FAIRVIEW CEMETARY ABOUT 0.5 MILES WEST OF THE TOWN OF CULPEPER ALONG ROUTE 522. TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE INTERSECTION OF MAIN STREET AND DAVIS STREET IN DOWNTOWN CULPEPER, PROCEED NORTH ON MAIN STREET FOR 0.2 MILES TO ROUTE 522, TURN LEFT ONTO ROUTE 522 AND PROCEED WEST FOR 0.5 MILES TO THE FIRST ENTRANCE TO FAIRVIEW CEMETARY ON THE RIGHT, TURN RIGHT INTO THE CEMETERY AND THE STATION ON THE LEFT. THE STATION IS A BRASS CAP SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST FLUSH WITH THE GROUND AND STAMPED TOWN OF CULPEPER 5. THE STATION IS 89.3 FEET WEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE FIRST ENTRANCE TO THE CEMETERY AND 4.4 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF A STONE WALL.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in November 1994.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.