Details for Benchmark: HW3668
N 38° 39.767 W 078° 22.333 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In RAPPAHANNOCK county, VA View Original Datasheet
- J 95 RESET
- Marker Type:
- metal rod
- a metal rod driven into the ground
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1992 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1992
4.0 MI (6.4 KM) WESTERLY ALONG US HWY 211 FROM THE SKYLINE DRIVE OVERPASS TO THE MARK ON THE RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE SHENANDOAH NATIONAL PARK HEADQUARTERS BUILDING, A METAL ROD DRIVEN 2.1 METERS AND FLUSH WITH THE GROUND, 13 FT (4.0 M) EAST OF THE EAST EDGE OF THE HIGHWAY, 6 FT (1.8 M) NORTH NORTHWEST OF A CATCHBASIN, AND 3 FT (0.9 M) WEST OF A LARGE SIGN INSCRIBED SHENANDOAH NATIONAL PARK HEADQUARTERS. NOTE--ACCESS IS THROUGH A LOGO CAP.
|10/2/1998 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1998 (RLA)
RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in May 1999.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.