Details for Benchmark: HX1952
N 38° 28.883 W 081° 18.583 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In KANAWHA county, WV View Original Datasheet
- M 12 RESET 1945
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1945 by BORR (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY BALTIMORE AND OHIO RAILROAD 1945
2.5 MI E FROM CLENDENIN. ABOUT 2.5 MILES EAST ALONG THE BALTIMORE AND OHIO RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT CLENDENIN, KANAWHA COUNTY, 10 RAILS EAST OF THE FLAG STOP AT TURNER, AT BRIDGE 22/6 OVER MORRIS CREEK, IN THE TOP OF THE SOUTH BACK WALL OF THE EAST ABUTMENT, ABOUT 7 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE TRACK, AND ABOUT 1.5 FEET LOWER THAN THE TOP OF THE LOW RAIL. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED M 12 RESET 1945.
|01/01/1945 by BORR (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY BALTIMORE AND OHIO RAILROAD 1945
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.