Details for Benchmark: HX2131
N 38° 24.700 W 081° 51.450 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In KANAWHA county, WV View Original Datasheet
- T 37
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1935 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1935
2.4 MI NW FROM ST ALBANS. ABOUT 2.4 MILES NORTHWEST ALONG THE CHESAPEAKE AND OHIO RAILWAY FROM THE STATION AT ST. ALBANS, KANAWHA COUNTY, ABOUT 0.2 MILE SOUTHEAST OF MILEPOST FM 468, 30 YARDS WEST OF SIGNAL 467.9, 19 FEET NORTH OF THE NORTH RAIL, IN THE TOP OF THE NORTHWEST END OF THE NORTH HEAD WALL OF A CONCRETE CULVERT, AND ABOUT 3 FEET LOWER THAN THE TRACK. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED T 37 1935.
|01/01/1976 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1976
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.