Details for Benchmark: HX2720
N 38° 43.967 W 081° 44.250 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In JACKSON county, WV View Original Datasheet
- Q 108
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1956 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1956
0.4 MI W FROM GIVEN. ABOUT 0.05 MILE NORTH ALONG A GRAVEL ROAD FROM PARCHMENT CHAPEL AT GIVEN, THENCE ABOUT 0.35 MILE WEST ALONG A ROAD LEADING TO ROCKCASTLE, 71 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTER OF Y JUNCTION OF A TRAIL ROAD LEADING EAST TO A CEMETERY, 45 1/2 FEET NORTH-NORTHWEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF ROAD AND ON THE OUTSIDE OF A CURVE WITH TANGENTS EXTENDING EAST-NORTHEAST AND SOUTH, IN THE TOP AND 1 1/2 FEET SOUTH OF THE NORTH EDGE OF A ROCK CLIFF (THE SAME CLIFF CROSSES ROAD AND IS CUT ABOUT 4 FEET ON SOUTH SIDE OF ROAD - THE NORTH FACE OF CLIFF IS ABOUT VERTICAL AND ABOUT 40-FEET HIGH), 22 FEET NORTHEAST OF A TWIN 24-INCH OAK TREE WHICH IS IN A FENCE CORNER, AND ABOUT 1 FOOT BELOW LEVEL OF ROAD.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.