Details for Benchmark: HY1085
N 38° 43.267 W 082° 58.433 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In GREENUP county, KY View Original Datasheet
- K 353
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- copper-clad steel rod
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1956 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1967 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1967
1.6 MI E FROM SOUTH PORTSMOUTH. ABOUT 1.6 MILES EAST ALONG THE CHESAPEAKE AND OHIO RAILWAY FROM THE STATION AT SOUTH PORTSMOUTH, 242 FEET NORTHWEST OF AND ACROSS TRACKS FROM THE STATION SIGN AT FULLERTON, 50.5 FEET NORTH OF AND ACROSS MAIN STREET FORM THE NORTH RAIL OF THE NEAR TRACK, 27 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF A NORTH-SOUTH STREET, 17 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF MAIN STREET, 16 FEET SOUTH OF THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF A HOUSE AT 4151 MAIN STREET, 13 FEET NORTHEAST OF POWER LINE POLE 901-4557, 2 FEET WEST OF A METAL WITNESS POST, 2 1/2 FEET BELOW THE LEVEL OF THE TRACK AND IS A DISK ON THE TOP OF A COPPER COATED STEEL ROD FLUSH WITH THE GROUND AND PROTECTED BY A 6 INCH STEEL PIPE WHICH PROJECTS 2 INCHES ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE GROUND. THE ROD WAS DRIVEN TO A DEPTH OF 38 FEET TO REFUSAL.
|01/01/1979 by LOCENG (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY LOCAL ENGINEER (INDIVIDUAL OR FIRM) 1979
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.