Details for Benchmark: HY1173
N 38° 45.050 W 082° 59.650 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SCIOTO county, OH View Original Datasheet
- Q 311
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1967 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1967
0.4 MI N FROM PORTSMOUTH. ABOUT 0.45 MILE NORTH ALONG THE NORFOLK AND WESTERN RAILWAY FROM THE STATION AT PORTSMOUTH, NEAR THE CROSSING OF BERTHA STREET, SET ON THE TOP OF THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF A 7-FOOT LONG-5 1/2 FEET WIDE AND 14 FOOT DEEP CONCRETE CATCH BASIN ON THE NORTH SIDE OF A FLOOD WALL, 21 FEET EAST OF THE EAST RAIL OF THE EAST TRACK, 15 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF BERTHA STREET, 5 FEET NORTH OF THE NORTH SIDE OF THE FLOOD WALL AND 1 FOOT ABOVE THE LEVEL OF BERTHA STREET.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.