Details for Benchmark: HY1178
N 38° 44.283 W 082° 59.667 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SCIOTO county, OH View Original Datasheet
- S 311
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1967 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1967
AT PORTSMOUTH. AT PORTSMOUTH, AT THE INTERSECTION OF FINDLAY AND 10TH STREET, 0.4 MILE SOUTH ALONG FINDLAY STREET FROM THE NORFOLK AND WESTERN RAILWAY STATION, SET VERTICALLY IN THE WEST FACE AND IN THE CENTER OF THE CONCRETE COLUMN AT THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF A THREE-STORIED BRICK AND CONCRETE BUILDING OCCUPIED BY THE STANDARD SUPPLY COMPANY, 140 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF 10TH STREET, 12 FEET EAST OF THE EAST CURB OF FINDLAY STREET, 1.3 FEET SOUTH OF THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF THE BUILDING AND 2.2 FEET ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE SIDEWALK.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.