Details for Benchmark: HY2247
N 38° 57.267 W 082° 28.124 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In JACKSON county, OH View Original Datasheet
- CENTERVILLE MICROWAVE
- Marker Type:
- microwave mast
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1976 by NGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1976 (JRS)
THE STATION, CENTERVILLE WPBO MICROWAVE RELAY MAST, IS THE LIGHT ATOP A TRIANGULAR STEEL, GUYED MAST, THAT IS PAINTED ORANGE AND WHITE. THE MAST IS 310 FEET TALL AND HAS ONE DISK MOUNTED ABOUT 1/3 THE WAY UP.
TO REACH FROM THE JUNCTION OF U.S. HIGHWAY 35 AND STATE HIGHWAY 729 NEAR THURMAN, GO NORTHWEST ON HIGHWAY 35 FOR 5.0 MILES TO A CROSSROAD. TURN RIGHT AND FOLLOW JACKSON COUNTY ROAD 46 FOR 0.3 MILE TO A SIDE ROAD LEFT. TURN LEFT AND GO 0.7 MILE TO THE MAST.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in April 1998.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.