Details for Benchmark: JB1431
N 38° 35.617 W 089° 59.067 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ST CLAIR county, IL View Original Datasheet
- ALBERT 2 RM 3
- Marker Type:
- reference mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1971 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1971
AT FAIRVIEW. LOCATED ABOUT 0.1 MILE NORTH OF THE JUNCTION OF STATE HIGHWAY 159 AND U.S. HIGHWAY 40 AT FAIRVIEW, SET IN A DRILL HOLE IN THE CONCRETE APRON OF DRIVEWAY TO THE ST. ALBERT THE GREAT CATHOLIC CHURCH PARSONAGE GARAGE, 1 FOOT NORTH OF THE NORTH EDGE OF SIDEWALK, 1 FOOT EAST OF THE WEST EDGE OF THE APRON, 19 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF THE GARAGE AND 8 FEET WEST OF THE WEST WALL OF SAME.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.