Details for Benchmark: JC0179
N 38° 35.783 W 090° 00.717 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ST CLAIR county, IL View Original Datasheet
- PLEASANT AZ MK
- Marker Type:
- azimuth mark disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||happycycler couldn't find JC0179
A not found for me. This area has been built up & the landmarks are different.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1961 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1961
2.8 MI NE FROM FRENCH VILLAGE. ABOUT 2.4 MILES EAST ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 50 FROM ITS JUNCTION WITH STATE HIGHWAY 157 IN FRENCH VILLAGE, THENCE 0.25 MILE NORTH ALONG AN ASPHALT PAVED ROAD, THENCE 0.10 EAST AND NORTH ALONG A DRIVE TO PLEASANT VIEW SANATORIUM, SET IN TOP OF THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF A CONCRETE BASE OF A LIGHT POLE, 14 FEET WEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE DRIVE, 31 FEET SOUTH OF THE SOUTH EDGE OF A CONCRETE SIDEWALK, 112 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF A BRICK BUILDING, 53 FEET SOUTHWEST OF A FIRE HYDRANT, AND ABOUT 0.5 FEET ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE DRIVE.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.