Details for Benchmark: JC0766
N 38° 13.933 W 091° 08.167 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In FRANKLIN county, MO View Original Datasheet
- R 226
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1949 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1949
2.1 MI NE FROM SULLIVAN. ABOUT 2.1 MILES NORTHEAST ALONG THE ST. LOUIS-SAN FRANCISCO RAILWAY FROM THE STATION AT SULLIVAN, ABOUT 30 YARDS SOUTH-SOUTHWEST OF AND ACROSS THE TRACK FROM MILE POST 66, ABOUT 0.15 MILE SOUTHWEST OF A SEMIPHORE, SET IN THE TOP AND THE NORTHEAST END OF THE SOUTHEAST HEADWALL OF A 5 FOOT CONCRETE CULVERT OVER A DRY BRANCH, 15 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE SOUTHEAST RAIL AND ABOUT 6 FEET BELOW THE LEVEL OF THE TRACK.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.