Details for Benchmark: JD1937
N 38° 59.683 W 093° 40.633 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In LAFAYETTE county, MO View Original Datasheet
- A 7 B 2
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by DOD (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1963 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1963
6.7 MI W FROM CONCORDIA. ABOUT 4.05 MILES WEST ALONG THE MISSOURI PACIFIC RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT CONCORDIA, THENCE 1.95 MILES WEST ALONG INTERSTATE HIGHWAY 70, THENCE 0.4 MILE NORTH ALONG HIGHWAY T, THENCE 0.3 MILE SOUTHWEST ACROSS A FIELD, NEAR A FENCE CORNER, 320 FEET SOUTH OF AN EAST-WEST FENCE, 51 FEET NORTH OF AN EAST-WEST FENCE, A 1 1/2 X 4 FOOT CONCRETE PEDESTAL WITH TRIBRACH. A U.S.A.F. MONOLITH AZ. NOTE-- CENTER OF THE TRIBRACH WAS HELD.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.