Details for Benchmark: JD2596
N 38° 26.463 W 092° 59.704 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In MORGAN county, MO View Original Datasheet
- STOVER MUNICIPAL TANK
- Marker Type:
- elevated tank
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1947 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1947 (FRG)
THE STATION IS LOCATED ON THE HIGHEST HILL IN THE VILLAGE OF STOVER ON THE NORTH SIDE OF THE MAIN STREET DIRECTLY BEHIND THE CITY HALL AND FIRE STATION, AND ABOUT 100 FEET EAST OF THE EV. LUTHERAN CHURCH. IT IS A FOUR LEGGED STEEL STRUCTURE, 45 FEET SQUARE AT THE BASE AND 125 FEET HIGH. IT IS SILVER IN COLOR.
THE POINT INTERSECTED WAS THE BALL FINIAL.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in February 2000.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.