Details for Benchmark: JD2626
N 38° 39.483 W 092° 46.805 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In MONITEAU county, MO View Original Datasheet
- TIPTON MUNICIPAL TANK
- Marker Type:
- elevated tank
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1949 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1949 (MEW)
THE STATION IS LOCATED IN THE TOWN OF TIPTON, 1 BLOCK NORTH OF THE POST OFFICE. IT IS A 4 LEGGED STEEL STRUCTURE PAINTED SILVER AND APPROXIMATELY 125 FEET HIGH.
THE POINT INTERSECTED WAS THE BALL ATOP THE TANK.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in February 2000.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.