Details for Benchmark: JD2680
N 38° 27.430 W 093° 12.276 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In BENTON county, MO View Original Datasheet
- COLE CAMP MUNICIPAL TANK
- Marker Type:
- elevated tank
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1948 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1948 (RLE)
LOCATED IN A SMALL PARK IN THE SOUTHWEST PART OF COLE CAMP. TANK PROPER IS SUPPORTED BY A FOUR LEGGED STEEL STRUCTURE WITH A BALL AND A LIGHT AT ITS APEX. POINT OBSERVED UPON WAS THE BALL AND THE HEIGHT IS ABOUT 100 FEET.
|01/01/1963 by CGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1963 (JAW)
STATION RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED AND FOUND TO BE IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in February 2000.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.