Details for Benchmark: JD2695
N 38° 14.619 W 093° 22.960 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In BENTON county, MO View Original Datasheet
- WARSAW MUNICIPAL TANK
- Marker Type:
- elevated tank
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1948 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1948 (RLE)
LOCATED IN THE NORTH CENTER SECTION OF TOWN, 1 BLOCK NORTHEAST OF THE NORTH END OF THE BUSINESS DISTRICT (STATE HIGHWAY 35), 40 FEET EAST OF A HARD SURFACED ROAD AND ABOUT 90 FEET SOUTH OF AN EAST-WEST GRAVELED ROAD.
IT IS A 4-LEGGED STEEL STRUCTURE PAINTED SILVER. THE TANK HAS A CONICAL SHAPED TOP WITH A SMALL BALL AT THE APEX. IT IS APPROXIMATELY 125 FEET HIGH AND THE POINT OBSERVED UPON WAS THE APEX.
|01/01/1963 by CGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1963 (JAW)
THIS STATION WAS RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED BY R.L.E. IN 1948 AND THERE APPEARS TO BE NO CHANGE. THE TANK IS LOCATED ON WASHINGTON STREET BETWEEN SEMINARY AND POLK STREETS IN WARSAW.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in February 2000.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.