Details for Benchmark: JE0851
N 38° 50.400 W 094° 43.017 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In JOHNSON county, KS View Original Datasheet
- R 258
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1940 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|1/1/1950 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1950
0.5 MI S FROM MORSE. 0.5 MILE SOUTH ALONG A GRAVEL ROAD FROM MORSE, JOHNSON COUNTY, THENCE 0.4 MILE EAST ALONG ANOTHER GRAVEL ROAD, AT THE GEORGE C. TAYLOR RANCH HOUSE, IN THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF THE YARD, 21 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE ROAD, 17 FEET WEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF A DRIVEWAY, AND 2 FEET WEST OF A 4- BY 4-INCH WHITE WOODEN WITNESS POST PROJECTING ABOUT TWO FEET ABOVE GROUND. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED R 258 1940 AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST.
|1/1/1985 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1985
0.08 KM (0.5 MI) SOUTH ALONG QUIVERA ROAD FROM THE JUNCTION WITH 155TH TERRACE, AT MORSE, THENCE 0.64 KM (0.4 MI) LEFT AND EAST ALONG 159TH STREET TO THE MARK ON THE LEFT, 29.88 MILES (98.0 FEET) SOUTHEAST OF THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF A HOUSE AT 11300 159TH STREET, 7.8 MILE (25.5 FEET) NORTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF 159TH STREET, 2.4 MILES (8.0 FEET) WEST OF THE CENERLINE OF A DRIVEWAY TO THE HOUSE.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.