Details for Benchmark: JG0583
N 38° 59.783 W 099° 46.767 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In TREGO county, KS View Original Datasheet
- W 301
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1953 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1953
5.9 MI E FROM WAKEENEY. 5.9 MILES EAST ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 40 FROM ITS INTERSECTION WITH MAIN STREET AT WAKEENEY, 45 FEET SOUTH OF THE SOUTH RAIL OF THE UNION PACIFIC RAILROAD, 9 RAILS EAST OF RAILROAD TRESTLE 316.37, 119 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 112 FEET WEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF A DIRT ROAD LEADING NORTH, 78.7 FEET WEST OF A FENCE CORNER, 3 FEET NORTH OF A FENCE, 2.2 FEET WEST OF A WITNESS POST, SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST WHICH PROJECTS 0.5 FOOT ABOVE THE GROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.