Details for Benchmark: JH0299
N 38° 28.183 W 101° 45.133 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In GREELEY county, KS View Original Datasheet
- M 19
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1934 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1940 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1940
IN TRIBUNE. AT TRIBUNE, GREELEY COUNTY, AT THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF THE INTERSECTION OF BROADWAY AND GREELEY STREET, IN THE EAST BRICK WALL OF THE FIRST NATIONAL BANK BUILDING, 1.4 FEET SOUTH OF THE NORTHEAST CORNER, AND 4.3 FEET ABOVE THE SIDEWALK, AND SET VERTICALLY.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.