Details for Benchmark: JJ0208
N 38° 28.717 W 102° 46.733 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In KIOWA county, CO View Original Datasheet
- L 37
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- mat foundation, concrete slab, etc.
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1933 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1942 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1942
AT EADS. AT EADS, KIOWA COUNTY, ON U.S. HIGHWAY 287, 69 FEET SOUTH OF THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF THE COUNTY COURTHOUSE YARD, 30 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE HIGHWAY, AT THE CITY WATER TANK, IN THE TOP OF THE NORTH CORNER OF THE CONCRETE BASE OF THE NORTHEAST LEG, AND 2 FEET HIGHER THAN THE HIGHWAY. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED L 37 1933.
|01/01/1967 by USGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1967
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
|11/01/1995 by CODOT (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COLORADO DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION 1995 (PG)
RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.