Details for Benchmark: JJ0224
N 38° 05.350 W 102° 36.983 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In PROWERS county, CO View Original Datasheet
- B 38
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1933 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1943 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1943
AT LAMAR. AT LAMAR, PROWERS COUNTY, ON THE ATCHISON, TOPEKA AND SANTA FE RAILWAY, 161 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE SOUTH SIDETRACK, NEAR THE INTERSECTION OF THIRD AND BEECH STREETS, 54 FEET NORTH OF THE SOUTH CURB OF BEECH STREET, AND 40 FEET EAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THIRD STREET. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED 3615.547 B 38 1933 AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST.
|01/01/1968 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1968
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
|01/01/1985 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1985
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION. A NEW DESCRIPTION FOLLOWS. IN LAMAR, AT THE INTERSECTION OF THIRD AND BEECH STREETS, IN THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF A VACANT LOT, 11.6 M (38.1 FT) EAST OF THE CENTER OF THIRD STREET, 8.5 M (27.9 FT) NORTH OF THE CENTER OF BEECH STREET, 4.9 M (16.1 FT) SOUTH OF A 36-INCH ELM TREE, AND 3.4 M (11.2 FT) EAST OF A UTILITY POLE. THE MARK IS 0.3 METERS S FROM A WITNESS POST THE MARK IS 0.5 M ABOVE THE STREETS.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991. WARNING-Repeat measurements at this control monument indicate possible vertical movement.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.