Details for Benchmark: JJ0225
N 38° 05.183 W 102° 37.117 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In PROWERS county, CO View Original Datasheet
- C 38
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1933 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1953 by USGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1953
AT LAMAR. AT LAMAR, PROWERS COUNTY, AT THE COUNTY COURTHOUSE, IN THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF THE YARD, 108 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF THE COURTHOUSE, AT THE INTERSECTION OF ELM AND MAIN STREETS, 16.8 FEET EAST OF THE EAST CURB OF MAIN STREET, AND 10.9 FEET SOUTH OF THE SOUTH CURB OF ELM STREET. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED 3615.820 C 38 1933 AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST.
|01/01/1968 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1968
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
|01/01/1985 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1985
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION. NOTE--THE MONUMENT IS NOW SURROUNDED BY AND FLUSH WITH A SIDEWALK. ADD--0.3 M (1.0 FT) EAST OF A CONCRETE PLANTER.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.