Details for Benchmark: JJ0268
N 38° 28.683 W 102° 46.517 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In KIOWA county, CO View Original Datasheet
- S 273
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1941 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1941
0.2 MI E FROM EADS. TO REACH BENCH MARK FROM THE RAILROAD STATION AT EADS, GO 0.2 MILE EAST ALONG THE MISSOURI PACIFIC RAILROAD TO SITE OF BENCH MARK. BENCH MARK IS NEAR THE FIRST CROSSING EAST OF THE RAILROAD STATION, 114.0 FEET EAST OF THE EAST END OF THREE GASOLINE STORAGE TANKS, 71.0 FEET WEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF A NORTH-SOUTH ROAD, 53.0 FEET NORTH OF AND ABOUT 3.0 FEET BELOW THE CENTERLINE OF THE MAIN TRACK, 3.0 FEET EAST OF A 4 X 4 INCH WOODEN MARKER POST, AND 1.0 FOOT SOUTH OF THE RIGHT OF WAY FENCE. THE MONUMENT PROJECTS 0.5 FOOT. A STANDARD DISK SET IN CONCRETE POST.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.