Details for Benchmark: JJ0275
N 38° 46.933 W 102° 54.550 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In CHEYENNE county, CO View Original Datasheet
- Z 255
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1938 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1938
6.8 MI NW FROM KIT CARSON. 6.8 MILES NORTHWEST ALONG THE UNION PACIFIC RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT KIT CARSON, CHEYENNE COUNTY, 6.0 MILES SOUTHEAST OF WILD HORSE, 0.2 MILE WEST OF STATION AT SORRENTO, 65 YARDS EAST OF SEMAPHORE 4943, AND IN THE TOP OF A TWIN CONCRETE-PIPE CULVERT. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED Z 255 1938.
|01/01/1938 by NGS (GOOD)
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.