Details for Benchmark: JJ0288
N 38° 44.624 W 102° 47.703 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In CHEYENNE county, CO View Original Datasheet
- C 37
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1933 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1938 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1938
1.6 MI S FROM KIT CARSON. 1.6 MILES SOUTH ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 287 FROM THE PUBLIC SCHOOL AT KIT CARSON, CHEYENNE COUNTY, 1.3 MILES SOUTH OF THE UNION PACIFIC RAILROAD UNDERPASS, 150 YARDS SOUTH OF THE SOUTH END OF THE SANDY CREEK BRIDGE, 86 FEET NORTHWEST OF POLE 2395 H, 40 FEET WEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE HIGHWAY, AND 4 FEET EAST OF A FENCE. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED C 37 1933 AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST.
|01/24/1996 by CODOT (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COLORADO DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION 1996 (KAW)
THE STATION WILL BE USED DURING A COLORADO HARN DENSIFICATION PROJECT THE STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 1.3 MI (2.1 KM) SOUTH OF KIT CARSON ALONG THE OLD HIGHWAY IN THE NORTHEAST 1/4 OF SECTION 17, T 15 S, R 48 W, 6TH P.M. OWNERSHIP-- WILLIAM AND LUCY BARNETT, 34441 COUNTY ROAD P, EADS, CO, 81036, (719) 438-5680. TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE JUNCTION OF US 40 AND US 287 ON THE EAST SIDE OF KIT CARSON, PROCEED WEST ON US 40/287 FOR 0.5 MI (0.8 KM) TO A PAVED ROAD ON THE LEFT. TURN LEFT ON THE ROAD AND PROCEED SOUTH FOR 0.1 MI (0.2 KM) TO THE UNION PACIFIC RAILROAD TRACK, WHERE THE ROAD TURNS TO DIRT. CONTINUE ON SOUTH ON THE DIRT ROAD FOR 1.4 MI (2.3 KM) TO THE STATION ON THE RIGHT. THE STATION IS A BRASS USCGS BENCHMARK DISK IN A CONCRETE POST. IT IS 0.1 MI (0.2 KM) SOUTH OF THE SOUTH END OF THE STRUCTURE OVER BIG SANDY CREEK, 65 M (213.3 FT) NORTH NORTHWEST OF A PASTURE ACCESS GATE, 26 M (85.3 FT) WEST OF THE CENTER OF THE DIRT ROAD, 11.9 M (39.0 FT) WEST OF THE WEST RIGHT OF WAY FENCE OF THE DIRT ROAD, 0.8 M (2.6 FT) EAST OF A NGS FIBERGLASS WITNESS POST. DESCRIPTION BY K A WILLIAMS, CODOT
|03/29/1996 by CODOT (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COLORADO DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION 1996 (JRZ)
RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED. TO REACH FROM KIT CARSON TRAVEL SOUTH ALONG US HIGHWAY 287 1.3 MILESSOUTH OF THE PUBLIC SCHOOL TO COUNTY ROAD K. TURN RIGHT ONTO ROAD K AND TRAVEL 1.0 MILETO COUNTY ROAD 20. TURN RIGHT ONTO ROAD 20 AND TRAVEL 0.5 MILETO THE STATION ON THE LEFT. STATION IS A BENCHMARK DISK SET IN TOP OF A 1 FOOTBY 1 FOOTCONCRETE POST PROJECTING 0.7 FEETABOVE THE GROUND. STATION IS 2.6 FEETEAST OF AN ORANGE CARSONITE SURVEY MARKER POST, 38.5 FEETWEST OF AN ORANGE CARSONITE SURVEY MARKER POST IN A FENCE LINE, AND 82 FEETWEST OF THE CENTER OF COUNTY ROAD 20. STATION WAS RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION IN MARCH 1996.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1996.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.