Details for Benchmark: JK0047
N 38° 07.900 W 104° 01.350 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In OTERO county, CO View Original Datasheet
- F 40
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- footings/foundation walls of small/medium structures
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1933 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1951 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1951
AT FOWLER. AT FOWLER, 3 FEET EAST OF THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF THE ATCHISON, TOPEKA AND SANTA FE RAILWAY STATION, AT MILEAGE 583.1, 29 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE TRACK, IN THE TOP OF THE STONE WATER TABLE, AND 3.7 FEET ABOVE THE BRICK WALK. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED F 40 1933.
|01/01/1977 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1977
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
|01/01/1985 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1985
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION. ADD--AT THE INTERSECTION OF MAIN STREET AND THE SANTA FE RAILROAD, AND 33.3 M (109.3 FT) SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE STREET.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991. WARNING-Repeat measurements at this control monument indicate possible vertical movement.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.