Details for Benchmark: JK0163
N 38° 58.433 W 104° 49.983 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In EL PASO county, CO View Original Datasheet
- C 354
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1954 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1954
8.8 MI S FROM MONUMENT. 0.2 MILE WEST ALONG A GRAVELED STREET FROM THE GRADE SCHOOL AT MONUMENT, THENCE 8.6 MILES SOUTH ALONG THE DENVER AND RIO GRANDE WESTERN RAILROAD, 21 FEET WEST OF THE WEST RAIL, 56 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF A ROAD, 4 FEET BELOW THE TOP OF THE RAILS, SET IN THE TOP OF THE NORTH END OF THE WEST HEADWALL OF A CONCRETE CULVERT.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.