Details for Benchmark: JK0484
N 38° 23.267 W 105° 07.100 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In FREMONT county, CO View Original Datasheet
- B 7
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- pavements (street, sidewalk, curb, apron, etc.)
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1925 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1953 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1953
AT FLORENCE. AT FLORENCE, 23.8 FEET EAST OF THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF THE DENVER AND RIO GRANDE WESTERN RAILROAD STATION, 33 FEET NORTH OF THE NORTH RAIL, 3.8 FEET WEST OF THE WEST EDGE OF THE BAGGAGE ROOM DOOR, 0.2 FOOT SOUTH OF THE SOUTH WALL OF THE STATION, SET IN THE TOP OF THE CONCRETE APRON IN FRONT OF THE STATION.
|01/01/1984 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1984
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION. NOTE--THE DENVER AND RIO GRANDE WESTERN RAILROAD STATION IS NOW THE FLORENCE COMMUNITY CENTER.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.