Details for Benchmark: JK0494
N 38° 26.650 W 105° 13.617 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In FREMONT county, CO View Original Datasheet
- W 6 RESET
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- mat foundation, concrete slab, etc.
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1967 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1968 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1968
AT CANON CITY. AT CANON CITY, SET IN THE TOP OF THE SOUTHERLY STEP OF THE NEW DEPOT BUILDING OF THE DENVER AND RIO GRANDE WESTERN RAILROAD LOCATED APPROXIMATELY 100 FEET WEST OF THE WEST LINE OF 15TH STREET, 45 FEET NORTHERLY FROM THE CENTER LINE OF THE MAIN TRACK OF THE RAILROAD. NO REPORT ON THE DISPOSITION OF THE ORIGINAL DISK.
|01/01/1975 by LOCENG (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY LOCAL ENGINEER (INDIVIDUAL OR FIRM) 1975
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
|01/01/1984 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1984
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION. A NEW DESCRIPTION FOLLOWS. IN CANON CITY, AT THE INTERSECTION OF 15TH STREET AND THE DENVER AND RIO GRANDE WESTERN RAILROAD, IN TOP OF THE NORTHEAST SIDE OF THE STEPS AT THE SOUTHEAST ENTRANCE TO THE DENVER AND RIO GRANDE WESTERN FREIGHT OFFICE, 27.1 M (88.9 FT) SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTER OF THE STREET, AND 9.4 M (30.8 FT) NORTHWEST OF THE NEAR RAIL. THE MARK IS ABOVE LEVEL WITH THE GROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.