Details for Benchmark: JK1003
N 38° 45.127 W 104° 29.431 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In EL PASO county, CO View Original Datasheet
- CWHC 1
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1947 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1953 by USGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1953 (ATW)
STATION IS LOCATED IN SE. 1/4 OF SW. 1/4 OF SEC. 7, T 15 S, R 63 W. IT IS BEST REACHED BY GOING TO KELKER, A DENVER AND RIO GRANDE STATION ABOUT 5 MI. S. OF COLORADO SPRINGS, COLORADO. GO S. ALONG RAILROAD TRACK 1.1 MI., THEN TURN E. ON SECTION LINE RD. 9.4 MI., THENCE S. 1 MI., THEN E. 3 MI. AND S. 1 MI., THEN E. 3.4 MI. STATION LIES 114 FT. N. OF RD. ON TOP OF RIDGE 0.4 MI. E. OF CROSSROADS.
STATION MARK--STANDARD USGS BENCH MARK BRONZE TABLET SET IN THE TOP OF A POURED CONCRETE POST PROJECTING ABOUT 3 IN. ABOVE THE SURFACE OF THE GROUND AND STAMPED ---CWHC-1 1947---.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in January 1993.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.