Details for Benchmark: JL0019
N 38° 44.950 W 106° 04.600 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In CHAFFEE county, CO View Original Datasheet
- R 178
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1934 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1958 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1958
IN NATHROP. AT NATHROP, 2 1/2 POLES SOUTHEAST OF MILEPOST 233, 140 YARDS NORTHWEST OF THE NORTHWEST SIDE OF THE ABANDONED RAILROAD WATER TANK FOUNDATION, 185 FEET NORTHEAST OF A FENCE, 29 1/2 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE SOUTHWEST RAIL OF THE MAIN TRACK, 1 FOOT NORTHEAST OF A WITNESS POST, AND IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 4 INCHES ABOVE THE GROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.