Details for Benchmark: JL0027
N 38° 47.767 W 106° 06.950 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In CHAFFEE county, CO View Original Datasheet
- WINTERS RM 1
- Marker Type:
- reference mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1935 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1953 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1953
3.5 MI SE FROM BUENA VISTA. 2.4 MILES SOUTHEAST ALONG THE DENVER AND RIO GRANDE WESTERN RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT BUENA VISTA, THENCE 0.95 MILE SOUTH ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 285, THENCE 0.15 MILE WEST TO THE TOP OF A HILL, ON THE 2ND HILL NORTH OF MAXWELL CREEK, 0.15 MILE NORTHWEST OF A CONCRETE BRIDGE OVER MAXWELL CREEK, 88.7 FEET SOUTHWEST OF TRIANGULATION STATION WINTERS 1935, SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST WHICH PROJECTS 0.4 FOOT ABOVE THE GROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.