Details for Benchmark: JL0038
N 38° 55.533 W 106° 10.333 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In CHAFFEE county, CO View Original Datasheet
- E 5
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1925 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1953 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1953
6.25 MI NW FROM BUENA VISTA. 6.25 MILES NORTHWEST ALONG THE DENVER AND RIO GRANDE WESTERN RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT BUENA VISTA, 0.4 MILE SOUTHEAST OF MILEPOST 247, 0.25 MILE NORTHWEST OF BRIDGE 246.43 OVER THE ARKANSAS RIVER, 31 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE NORTHEAST RAIL, 18 FEET SOUTHWEST OF A FENCE, 1.7 FEET NORTHEAST OF A ROW OF TELEPHONE POLES, 3 FEET ABOVE THE GROUND, SET IN THE TOP OF A 12X12 FOOT GRANITE OUTCROP.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991. WARNING-Repeat measurements at this control monument indicate possible vertical movement.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.