Details for Benchmark: JN0428
N 38° 56.348 W 110° 27.286 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In EMERY county, UT View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1952 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1952
LOCATED ABOUT 16 MI. WSW. OF GREEN RIVER 2.5 MI. S. OF POINT WHERE SAN RAFAEL RIVER CUTS THROUGH SAN RAFAEL REEF AND 1.0 MI. SSW. OF POINT WHERE DRAGON CANYON PASSES THROUGH SAN RAFAEL REEF, ON HIGH PROMINIENT SANDSTONE POINT THAT SLOPES FROM E. AND DROPS SHARPLY TO W.
STATION REACHED BY HELICOPTER.
STATION MARK - STANDARD TABLET STAMPED ---DRAGON 1952--- CEMENTED IN DRILL HOLE IN SOLID ROCK.
REFERENCE MARK NO.1 - STANDARD REFERENCE MARK TABLET STAMPED ---NO.1 1952--- CEMENTED IN DRILL HOLE IN SOLID ROCK, 40.61 FT. FROM STATION MARK, S 30 DEG 09 MIN E.
REFERENCE MARK NO.2 - STANDARD REFERENCE MARK TABLET STAMPED ---NO.2 1952--- CEMENTED IN DRILL HOLE IN SOLID ROCK, 42.30 FT. FROM STATION MARK, N 63 DEG 20 MIN E.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in November 1997.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.