Details for Benchmark: JO0304
N 38° 00.400 W 113° 25.967 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In IRON county, UT View Original Datasheet
- R 8
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- abutments and piers of large bridges
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1934 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1934
IN LUND. AT LUND, IRON COUNTY, ABOUT 100 YARDS WEST OF THE UNION PACIFIC RAILROAD STATION, ABOUT 66 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE TRACK, AT THE WINDMILL TOWER, IN THE FACE OF THE WEST CONCRETE PIER, AND 0.7 FOOT LOWER THAN THE TOP OF THE RAIL. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED ELEV. 5083.264 FT. AND SET VERTICALLY. NOTE-- UNION PACIFIC RR. STATION NO LONGER EXISTS. BM IS SET HORIZONTALLY INSTEAD OF VERTICALLY AS DESCRIBED.
|01/01/1971 by USGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1971
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.