Details for Benchmark: JO0305
N 38° 00.433 W 113° 25.933 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In IRON county, UT View Original Datasheet
- S 8
- Marker Type:
- chiseled square
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1934 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1934
IN LUND. AT LUND, IRON COUNTY, AT THE UNION PACIFIC RAILROAD STATION, DIRECTLY OPPOSITE THE OPERATORS OFFICE, IN LINE WITH TWO WHITE POSTS LETTERED R.R. PROPERTY, AND ABOUT 2-1/2 FEET LOWER THAN THE TOP OF THE RAIL. THE BOTTOM OF A SQUARE HOLE, SURROUNDED BY THE LETTERS USBM, IN THE TOP OF A STONE POST.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.