Details for Benchmark: JR0731
N 38° 10.200 W 119° 05.033 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MONO county, CA View Original Datasheet
- A 185
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1934 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|1/1/1940 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1940
13.9 MI SE FROM BRIDGEPORT. 6.8 MILES SOUTH ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 395 FROM THE COURTHOUSE AT BRIDGEPORT, MONO COUNTY, THENCE 7.1 MILES EAST ALONG A GRAVEL ROAD, AND 36 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE ROAD. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED A 185 1934 AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST.
|7/18/1984 by USGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1984 (JEB)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.