Details for Benchmark: JS0544
N 38° 54.317 W 120° 50.433 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In EL DORADO county, CA View Original Datasheet
- H 159 USGS
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1932 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1948 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1948
AT GEORGETOWN. ABOUT 144 YARDS SOUTH OF THE GEORGETOWN POST OFFICE, AT MAIN CROSSROADS, 60 FEET WEST AND 38 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE JUNCTION, AT AN ASSOCIATED SERVICE STATION, PROJECTING THROUGH THE SOUTHWEST ENTRANCE OF THE CONCRETE DRIVEWAY LEADING TO THE GASOLINE PUMPS, AND 12.5 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE SOUTHWEST PUMP.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.