Details for Benchmark: JS0751
N 38° 46.900 W 121° 14.650 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In PLACER county, CA View Original Datasheet
- E 566
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1938 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1938
0.7 MI W FROM ROCKLIN. 0.7 MILE WEST ALONG THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC CO. RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT ROCKLIN, PLACER COUNTY, 35.4 FEET EAST OF THE EAST RAIL, 49 FEET WEST OF THE RIGHT-OF-WAY FENCE, AND 26 FEET EAST OF THE EAST EDGE OF BLOCK SIGNAL 109.8. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED E 566 1938 AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST.
|01/01/1969 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1969
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.