Details for Benchmark: JS0757
N 38° 47.167 W 121° 14.450 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In PLACER county, CA View Original Datasheet
- H 1200
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1969 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1969
3.6 MI NE FROM ROSEVILLE. 3.55 MILES NORTHEAST ALONG THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC COMPANY RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT ROSEVILLE, AT ROCKLIN, AT THE CROSSING OF FARRON STREET, IN THE TOP OF A 4- BY 10-FOOT GRANITE OUTCROP WHICH PROJECTS ABOUT 3 1/2 FEET ABOVE THE GROUND, 203 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE NORTHWEST RAIL OF THE NORTHWEST TRACK, 144 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE CENTER OF THE JUNCTION OF FARRON AND 1ST STREETS, 18 1/2 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF FARRON STREET, 71 FEET WEST AND ACROSS THE STREET FROM A POWER POLE WITH A GUY WIRE, 4.8 FEET NORTHEAST OF A FENCE, ABOUT 3 1/2 FEET HIGHER THAN THE STREET, AND 3 1/2 FEET HIGHER THAN THE TRACK.
|01/01/1990 by USPSQD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1990 (EJH)
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.