Details for Benchmark: JS0760
N 38° 48.000 W 121° 13.867 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In PLACER county, CA View Original Datasheet
- K 1200
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1969 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1969
4.6 MI NE FROM ROSEVILLE. 4.65 MILES NORTHEAST ALONG THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC COMPANY RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT ROSEVILLE, 9 POLES NORTHEAST OF MILEPOLE 111, 6 POLES WEST OF THE CROSSING OF AN ASPHALT ROAD, AT A LARGE BRIDGE OF THE EAST BOUND TRACKS OVER THE WEST BOUND TRACKS, SET VERTICALLY IN THE SOUTHWEST FACE OF THE FIRST CONCRETE PIER SUPPORT NORTH OF THE WEST BOUND TRACKS, 8.3 FEET NORTH OF THE NORTH RAIL OF THE WEST BOUND TRACK, 1.6 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE SOUTH CORNER OF THE PIER, ABOUT 3 1/2 FEET HIGHER THAN THE TRACK AND 4 1/2 FEET ABOVE THE GROUND.
|01/01/1988 by LOCSUR (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY LOCAL SURVEYOR (INDIVIDUAL OR FIRM) 1988 (UNK)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.