Details for Benchmark: JS0764
N 38° 48.683 W 121° 12.417 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In PLACER county, CA View Original Datasheet
- D 830
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1947 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1969 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1969
6.2 MI NE FROM ROSEVILLE. 6.2 MILES NORTHEAST ALONG THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC COMPANY RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT ROSEVILLE, 0.2 MILE NORTHEAST OF THE CROSSING OF BANKHEAD ROAD, ABOUT 9 RAILS SOUTHWEST OF SEMAPHORE 1129, 40 FEET SOUTH OF A RAILROAD SWITCH, IN THE TOP AND 0.7 FOOT NORTHEAST OF THE SOUTHWEST END OF THE SOUTHEAST CONCRETE HEAD WALL OF CULVERT 112.79, 24.0 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE SOUTHEAST RAIL OF THE WESTBOUND TRACK, AND ABOUT 3 FEET LOWER THAN THE TRACK.
|06/09/1989 by USPSQD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1989 (EH)
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.