Details for Benchmark: JS0766
N 38° 49.233 W 121° 11.600 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In PLACER county, CA View Original Datasheet
- W 45 USGS
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1940 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1969 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1969
7.3 MI NE FROM ROSEVILLE. 7.3 MILES NORTHEAST ALONG THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC COMPANY RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT ROSEVILLE, AT LOOMIS, 0.1 MILE SOUTH OF THE LOOMIS SIDING SIGN, AT THE JUNCTION OF TAYLOR ROAD AND HORSESHOE BAR ROAD, IN THE TOP OF THE CONCRETE FOUNDATION OF PILLARS AND BETWEEN THE NORTHEAST MOST PILLARS OF THE NORTHWEST ENTRANCE TO ROCKLIN-LOOMIS MUNICIPAL UTILITIES DISTRICT BUILDING, 186 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE SOUTHWEST CURB OF HORSESHOE BAR ROAD, 10.9 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE SOUTHEAST CURB OF TAYLOR ROAD, 7 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE CENTER OF THE DOOR, 0.6 FOOT NORTHEAST OF THE NORTHEAST SIDE OF THE FIRST PILLAR NORTHEAST OF THE DOOR, AND ABOUT 1 FOOT HIGHER THAN THE SIDEWALK.
|01/01/1988 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1988 (EH)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.