Details for Benchmark: JS0788
N 38° 54.200 W 121° 03.983 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In PLACER county, CA View Original Datasheet
- U 1200
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1969 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1969
AT AUBURN. AT AUBURN, 0.1 MILE NORTH ALONG THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC COMPANY RAILROAD FROM THE STATION, IN THE TOP AND 0.6 FOOT NORTH OF THE SOUTH END OF THE WEST CONCRETE GUARDRAIL CURB OF EL DORADO STREET UNDERPASS, 6.3 FEET WEST OF THE WEST RAIL OF THE WESTBOUND MAIN TRACK, AND ABOUT 1 FOOT HIGHER THAN THE TRACK.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.