Details for Benchmark: JS2170
N 38° 44.211 W 121° 57.264 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is GPS OBS and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In YOLO county, CA View Original Datasheet
- 169 USGS
- Marker Type:
- pipe cap
- set into the top of a metal pipe driven into the ground
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1904 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1966 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1966
3.8 MI N FROM MADISON. 2.4 MILES NORTH ALONG COUNTY ROAD 89 FROM THE JUNCTION OF STATE HIGHWAY 16 AT MADISON, THENCE 1.35 MILES NORTH ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 505, AT THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF THE JUNCTION OF COUNTY ROAD 17, 114 1/2 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 26 1/2 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE ROAD, 92 FEET SOUTH OF THE WEST END OF THE SOUTH CONCRETE HEAD WALL OF A 12-INCH PIPE CULVERT, 53 FEET NORTH OF A POWER POLE BEARING THREE TRANSFORMERS, 36 FEET NORTH OF A FENCE CORNER POST, 42 FEET NORTHWEST OF A TELEPHONE POLE SUPPORTING A METER, 1.0 FOOT WEST OF A WITNESS POST, ABOUT LEVEL WITH THE HIGHWAY, AND RIVETED ON THE TOP OF A 3-INCH PIPE PROJECTING 0.4 FOOT ABOVE THE GROUND.
|07/17/1999 by CA-113 (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY YOLO COUNTY CALIFORNIA 1999 (JHF)
THE STATION WAS RECOVERED. A COMPLETE NEW DESCRIPTION FOLLOWS. THE STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 10.5 MI (16.9 KM) WEST-NORTHWEST OF WOODLAND AND ABOUT 4.5 MI (7.2 KM) NORTH OF MADISON, ALONG THE FROMTAGE ROAD FOR INTERSTATE HIGHWAY 505. TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE INTERSECTION OF HIGHWAY 505 AND STATE HIGHWAY 16, ABOUT 0.5 MI (0.8 KM) EAST OF MADISON, GO NORTH ON HIGHWAY 505 FOR ABOUT 3.0 MI (4.8 KM) TO THE ROAD 19 EXIT. TAKE THE EXIT OFF-RAMP AND GO NORTH FOR ABOUT 0.1 MI (0.2 KM) TO ROAD 19. TURN RIGHT AND GO EAST ON ROAD 19 FOR ABOUT 0.05 MI (0.08 KM) TO THE INTERSECTION WITH ROAD 90A. TURN LEFT AND GO NORTH ON ROAD 90A FOR ABOUT 1.3 MI (2.1 KM) TO A SIDE ROAD RIGHT, ROAD 17. TURN RIGHT AND GO EAST FOR ABOUT 35 M (114.8 FT) TO THE STATION ON THE RIGHT. THE STATION IS 34.5 M (113.2 FT) EAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF ROAD 90A, ABOUT 15 M (49.2 FT) NORTH OF A POWER POLE, 8.0 M (26.2 FT) SOUTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF ROAD 17, 2.6 M (8.5 FT) SOUTH OF A CONCRETE HEADWALL, 1.0 M (3.3 FT) WEST OF A METAL WITNESS POST AND 1.0 M (3.3 FT) NORTH OF A CARSONITE WITNESS POST.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in May 2000. This is a SPECIAL STATUS position. See SPECIAL STATUS under the DATUM ITEM on the data sheet items page. The horizontal coordinates are valid at the epoch date displayed above. The epoch date for horizontal control is a decimal equivalence of Year/Month/Day.
- The orthometric height was determined by GPS observations and a high-resolution geoid model using precise GPS observation and processing techniques. The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.