Details for Benchmark: JS2308
N 38° 35.100 W 121° 30.300 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SACRAMENTO county, CA View Original Datasheet
- TIDAL 5
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1938 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1964 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1964
AT SACRAMENTO. AT SACRAMENTO, NEAR THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC COMPANY RAILROAD DRAWBRIDGE, IN THE CONCRETE FOOTING OF THE HIGHWAY BRIDGE, IN THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF THE SOUTH FOOTING OF THE FIRST PIER SUPPORTING THE BRIDGE BEFORE IT BECOMES THE UPPER DECK OF THE RAILROAD BRIDGE, 35 FEET EAST OF THE EAST END OF THE RAILROAD BRIDGE, AND 7 FEET SOUTH OF THE SOUTH RAIL OF THE MAIN TRACK.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- This Tidal Bench Mark is designated as VM 11384 by the Center for Operational Oceanographic Products and Services.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.