Details for Benchmark: JS2355
N 38° 33.633 W 121° 30.900 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SACRAMENTO county, CA View Original Datasheet
- P 1102
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1960 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1960
1.4 MI S FROM SACRAMENTO. 1.45 MILES SOUTH ALONG THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC RAILROAD FROM THE CROSSING OF CAPITOL AVENUE AT SACRAMENTO, NEAR THE SOUTH TIP OF MILLER PARK, 37 FEET SOUTH-SOUTHWEST AND ACROSS THE TRACK FROM MILEPOLE 91, 12.1 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE SOUTHWEST RAIL, 7 FEET EAST OF THE SOUTHEAST ONE OF A GROUP OF THREE SMALL TREES, 1.5 FEET SOUTHWEST OF A WITNESS POST, ABOUT 3 1/2 FEET LOWER THAN THE TRACK, AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 0.4 FOOT ABOVE THE GROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.